How to Get Summer-Ready Legs with 3 Natural Ingredients
Do you want a better shave? Do you prefer organic products and even do-it-yourself options? I have got an amazing method for shaving that I use regularly.
This post contains affiliate links. While you do not get charged any extra for purchasing through these links, I do receive a small commission. To read more, visit my disclosure policy.
I’ve always struggled with red bumps on my legs when I would shave. This is frustrating, especially when summer is coming. A couple of years ago I got fed up with the irritated, red bumps that came with shaving so I searched Pinterest for a solution. I not only found a solution that works for the bumps, my skin has never been smoother and I don’t have to shave as often! Some added benefits if you ask me. Plus, it’s not a product that takes time to show results. You’ll have summer-ready legs immediately!
First off, to get a better shave you’re going to need 3 ingredients. Yep, only three ingredients. Most of you probably have all of these things on hand right now too.
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 TBSP. Lemon Juice (or the juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
What?!?! How am I going to get a better shave with those things?? Yeah, I thought I was crazy for trying this the first time. But holy cow is it amazing. Shopping with Amazon Prime’s Subscribe & Save saves money on these items unless you have a warehouse membership like BJ’s or Sam’s Club.
- Melt your coconut oil. I put it in the microwave for 20 seconds, this just allows you to mix the ingredients better.
- Combine all three ingredients in a sealable container or jar.
- You now have my favorite shave scrub!
Time to Get a Better Shave!!
- After you’ve gotten in the shower and your legs (or whatever you’re shaving) is nice and wet you’re going to want to scoop some of the scrub into your hand and massage into your leg. Feel free to do your entire leg at one time.
- Rinse your leg, this will get the sugar off of your leg. The oil will still be on your leg, this is what will help combat razor burn.
- Begin shaving. Don’t freak out, but it looks gross and you’re going to have to rinse your razor often. The scrub is an exfoliant so you’re removing all of the dead skin from your leg as you shave.
- Repeat steps 1-3 a second time. Yes, it’s worth it.
- Feel your leg! How awesome does that feel?!?
- Repeat steps 1-4 for your other leg and anything else you’re shaving.
How the heck does this work?
Basically, you’re exfoliating so that you can remove the dead skin. This is how you get a closer shave. And because you’re getting a closer shave, you won’t get yucky stubble as often. I have very course, dark leg hair and I can go 2 days after I use the sugar scrub without noticeable stubble.
The coconut oil protects your skin but is also an amazing moisturizer. The lemon juice will help seal in the moisture so that your skin doesn’t dry out. Added benefit, you can buy that pack of $3 for 10 razors over at Walmart and not tear your legs apart!
I know the process can be a pain, but I think it is totally worth it. You can also substitute lime juice if you’d prefer or add your own essential oils in for a heavenly scent or a stress relieving benefit.
Sign up for my newsletter to get weekly updates and cool printables!