Say EEK! for these Spectacular October Scholarships
Taking out student loans is stressful, to say the least. And with the national student loan debt rising alongside the tuition rates, something has to be done to give students a better financial outcome right out of college. But every diligent college student knows that spending time applying for scholarships can be incredibly beneficial. Which is why I wanted to bring you a few October scholarships to get your scholarship search moving or give it a little boost.
Scholarships can be applied directly to your tuition costs, significantly lowering your overall student debt upon graduation. Unfortunately, I never paid much attention to scholarships until now, which is why I accrued way more student loan debt than I should have had to.
The plus side is, I'm now hyper-aware of all scholarship opportunities. Both through my college as well as through external sources. I am always on the hunt for a good scholarship and I'm sharing with you the opportunities I found for October.
I'm all about everything spooktacular, so why not throw in some spooktacular savings on college tuition while I'm gearing up for Halloween and the fall season. These October scholarships are sure to get you excited!
P.S. I threw a bonus scholarship in that is due at the very beginning of November!
Niche October Scholarship
This is a scholarship "drawing," which isn't something I normally endorse. But Niche is a reputable brand and I trust that their applicants are getting fair chances at winning. The deadline for the $1000 October Scholarship is October 20.
- Sign up for a free Niche account
Coursehero October Scholarship
Every month CourseHero gives away a $1,000 scholarship. The deadline for their October scholarship is October 31, so you have a little bit of time to apply. But the best part about this opportunity is that it only takes a few minutes to fill out.
- Sign up for a free Course Hero account
- Answer a short question
- Provide feedback on a course you've taken to help other students (This makes you eligible for the $1000 scholarship)
- For a chance at their $3,000 scholarship, you can upload 8 original study documents to further help other students.
- For a chance at their $5,000 scholarship, you have to complete the previous requirements and then share the scholarship on social media. Sounds easy enough to me.
Liasion's Data-Inspired Future Scholarship
This one sounds pretty interesting. Applicants have a chance to win a $5,000 scholarship. That's a lot of tuition! (Well, depending on your school.) The deadline for this scholarship is October 31 for the Spring Semester Scholarship.
- HS senior or college student
- Must submit a video that discusses/explains/demonstrates an important aspect of data in today’s or tomorrow’s society
- You can apply for both the Spring and Fall semesters (at different times)
VIP Voice Scholarship
I was a bit iffy on including this one because it consists of completing surveys for points. But I chose to include it because it is a Fastweb verified scholarship opportunity. The deadline for theirs is October 31.
- Sign up for a free VIP Voice account
- Complete 2 surveys
- If you complete more surveys, you earn more points toward your entry for the scholarship.
County Office Scholarship
Okay, okay, essays suck so this one might take you a little bit of time. But if you have a love for the written word, I'd imagine this one would be pretty simple. The deadline for the $1,000 scholarship is October 31.
- Write a 500-1500 word essay on why one local government office (listed on their site) has improved the lives of those around you or your own life.
- US Citizen 16 or older in HS or college
American Bullion Scholarship
Okay, this one is not for me. I don't understand investments. But for those of you who have a knack for investments, this is a good one! The award is $1,000 and the deadline is October 31.
- Full-time undergrad student
- Legal US resident
- Write a 500-1,000 word essay on the benefits of including physical gold in an IRA/401K portfolio.
Niche No Essay Scholarship
Again, this is one of those "drawing" type scholarships. But to enter a little info about yourself and possibly get $2,000 for school, I'd say it's worth it. The deadline for this scholarship is October 31.
- Sign up for a free account
Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship
This scholarship sounds like so much fun! And what better way to celebrate the Halloween season than with a Halloween-themed scholarship! The deadline for this $2,000 scholarship is October 31.
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited university.
- Legal resident of US
- Write a response, up to 250 words, to the following scenario:
- "Imagine that your high school or college has been overrun with zombies. Your math professor, the cafeteria ladies, and even your best friend have all joined the walking dead. Flesh out a plan to avoid the zombies, including where you’d hide and the top-five things you’d bring to stay alive."
The Future is Female Scholarship
I am in ❤ with this scholarship. I mean come on, a scholarship just for being an awesome female! Duh, count me in. True&Co is going at it again for their 2nd annual scholarship opportunity and I look forward to submitting my entry for this scholarship. The deadline for their $3,000 scholarship is November 1.
- Enrolled college student
- 3.0 GPA
- An Awesome Female (yes it really says that!!! 😍❤😍)
On top of the $3,000 scholarship, True&Co. is also giving the winner:
- $300 True&Co. Gift Card
- Full feature and interview on the True&Co. Journal