5 Scholarships That Will Help Pay for Your Online Education
You may be wondering what type of scholarships you can get when you’re an online student. I was there, in your shoes. Scholarships for online students are out there, and I’ve done the pain in the you know what searching for you!
This post contains affiliate links. While you do not get charged any extra for purchasing through these links, I do receive a small commission. To read more, visit my disclosure policy.
This list is in no way complete, and I’m sure there are many more. These are just the options that I found were the most reliable for scholarships for online students. I did find quite a few that were geared toward specific schools, but for the sake of tailoring to most online students I left those out. There are also a couple listed that do not have traditional or distance learning specified requirements.
A lot of scholarships that I found specifically for online students were from specific schools, therefore the scholarship for online education was only for prospective or current students of that school. Always research what scholarships your school has available to its students. I was recently awarded 2 scholarships that were offered directly through my school.
- A $1,000 scholarship awarded twice a year. Requirements are that you are a U.S. Citizen in an accredited online degree program. You have to have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA and write a 500-word essay on “What an Online College Degree Means to Me”. The next deadline for this scholarship is October 15, 2017.
- A $500 scholarship awarded annually. The requirements are that you are a U.S. citizen enrolled or accepted into an accredited online program. You must have 30 semester hours remaining before you finish your program. The next deadline is April 1, 2018.
- A $1000 scholarship awarded annually to college students (and high school students with upcoming graduation). Their main requirement is that you are committed to your education and can express your goals with higher education. The next deadline for this scholarship is October 17, 2017.
- This is probably my favorite because I could write a book (instead of their 250-word maximum) on what I would do differently in my life. It is a $1500 scholarship and all you have to do is write 250 words to answer the question, “If you could get one ‘do-over’ in life, what would it be and why?”. That’s easy enough right? I’m sure all of us ladies could write a good response to that. The next deadline for this scholarship is June 30, 2017.
- Regularly check back with Guide to Online Schools because they have opportunities for women that open up occasionally. There is not currently one available, but I suspect it may be soon.
Did I miss some? Connect with me and we’ll chat! I’d love to hear your scholarship success stories as well.
More scholarship articles and lists are to come. Don’t be afraid to subscribe to my weekly newsletter so that you can see when I update the lists or add new lists. Plus I’ll give you access to my free printables!