It’s been 2 months since I made the decision to finally start a blog. I dove right in and went for it. It’s always been my dream to work for myself and from home. As a current stay-at-home mom with little ones, I thought it would be the perfect time for me to start blogging.
Starting a blog is hard. I’m not going to lie to you. Upfront and honest, that’s just me. But it is so, so worth it to have the option to be your own boss. And I don’t just mean the boss of your house. 😉 I bet you’re wondering why, if it’s so hard, are so many people doing it? Well, I’ll tell you why. Because it has real potential! You can start a blog, and if you work hard enough you’ll be making a full-time income by next year! So why waste the next year at your boring desk job (or whatever you’re doing) when you can use the next year to set yourself free!
*This is not a guarantee that you’ll be able to leave your job in the next year. But you can work hard enough to make that a possibility.*
Why You Should Start A Blog
- You’ll meet a bunch of awesome people! I’ve connected with a few bloggers within, and outside of, my own niche. I turn to these ladies for assistance and I’m always willing to help them. The network of bloggers, while we may be in the same field, does not show much competition. There is a comradery that is present throughout the community. Blogging is a way to connect with other people who share the same passions as you!
- You can share your views and opinions on topics that you’re passionate about. We all have at least one topic that we love to talk about. For me, it’s mental health. I’m always trying to share knowledge that I have and open up others understanding. What is one thing you’re passionate about? Is it something that you have a lot to share about?
- It’s an awesome creative outlet. I love writing and have always been pretty good at it. Writing a book is a dream of mine, but for now, I have started this lovely little blog. It fills my love of writing and I can even share my other creative hobbies on it! Do you love writing? Blogging could be a great hobby for you if you said yes!
- There’s a real chance to make money!! Who would say no to that? Not this lady! Honestly, part of my reason for blogging is to make money. I won’t lie to you. But I’m also not going to sell products that aren’t useful to you. You can make money with your blog in so many different ways. I’ll get into those soon though.
- Even if you plan on creating a business through another venture. Let’s say you want to make your own clothes, or set up an Etsy shop for, well anything really. You can use your blog to attract people to your products. You give your audience a better view of who you are as a person. And you can even show them a little of the behind-the-scenes!
What is holding you back from starting a blog? Not enough free time? Too much information to learn? Or something else? Leave your answer in the comments!